MoveMyCheese.com’s mission is to enable you to be more productive and successful. Central to this mission is our commitment to be transparent about the data we have about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
Data we collect
The Data You provide to us
- Registration information: To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. To book a Advisory session, you will need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
- Profile information. You give us permission to use your LinkedIn profile information including your education, work experience, skills, photo among others.
- Posting and Uploading. We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, such as when you submit an Advisor request, fill out a form, sync your Calendar with our Service, respond to a survey, give feedback.
Data From Others
- Advisors capture information from the Advisory discussions conducted
- Service Use: We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including our sites, app and platform technology, such as when you view or click on content (e.g., learning video) or ads (on or off our sites and apps), perform a search, use on your mobile phone. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use.
- Your Device and Location. When you visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings.
- Messages. We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. For example, if you get a request, we track whether you have acted on it and will send you reminders. We may also use automatic scanning technology on messages.
- Workplace provided information. Others buying our Services for your use, such as your employer, provide us with personal data about you and your eligibility to use the Services that they purchase for use by their workers.
- The Data You provide to us
How we use your data. We use the data that we have about you to provide and personalize, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, our Services (including ads) so that they can be more relevant and useful to you and others.
- To Book Advisory sessions. Our Services give you access to a knowledge network. To access the network, you will request advisory sessions with listed Advisors. Session requests, include your name, photo, and profile details uploaded on MoveMyCheese.com . We will send reminders to the person you requested for an Advisory session.
- Communications . We will contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our websites or apps, messages to your MoveMyCheese.com dashboard, and other ways through our Services, including text messages and push notifications. We will send you messages about the availability of our Services, security, or other service related issues. We also send messages about how to use the Services, network updates, reminders, and promotional messages from us and our partners. You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
Advertising. We target (and measure the performance of) ads to Members, Visitors and others both on and off our Services directly or through a variety of partners, using the following data, whether separately or combined:
- Data from advertising technologies on and off our Services, like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers
- Member-provided information (e.g., profile, contact information, title )
- Data from your use of our Services (e.g. Advisor searches, clicking on an ad, etc.), including as described in Section 1.3
- Information from advertising partners and publishers
- Information inferred from data described above (e.g. using graduation dates to infer age or using first names or pronoun usage to infer gender)
- We will show you ads called sponsored content which look similar to non-sponsored content, except that they are labeled “ads” or “sponsored.” If you take an action (such as like, comment or share) on these ads, your action is associated with your name and viewable by others, including the advertiser.
We adhere to self-regulatory principles for interest-based advertising and participate in industry opt-outs from such ads. This does not opt you out of receiving advertising; you will continue to get other ads by advertisers not listed with these self regulatory tools. You can also opt-out specifically from our uses of certain categories of data to show you more relevant ads.
- Info to Ad Providers
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers or ad networks for their advertising except for: (i) hashed or device identifiers (to the extent they are personal data in some countries); (ii) with your separate permission (e.g., lead generation form) or (iii) data already visible to any users of the Services (e.g. profile). However, if you view or click on an ad on or off our site or apps, the ad provider will get a signal that someone visited the page that displayed the ad, and they may through the use of mechanisms such as cookies to determine it is you. Advertising partners can associate personal data collected by the advertiser directly from you with our cookies and similar technologies. In such instances, we seek to contractually require such advertising partners to obtain your explicit, opt-in consent before doing so.
- Marketing We use data and content about Members for invitations and communications promoting our services and engagement.
- Developing Services and Research
- Service Development
We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and development for the further development of our Services in order to provide you and others with a better, more intuitive and personalized experience, drive membership growth and engagement on our Services
- Other Research
We seek to create economic opportunity for Members of the global workforce and to help them be more productive and successful. We use the personal data available to us to research social, economic and workplace trends. In some cases, we work with trusted third parties to perform this research, under controls that are designed to protect your privacy. We publish or allow others to publish economic insights, presented as aggregated data rather than personal data.
Polls and surveys are conducted by us and others through our Services. You are not obligated to respond to polls or surveys, and you have choices about the information you provide.
- Info to Ad Providers
We use the data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and Service issues (e.g., bugs)
We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. E.g.we may use your data to generate statistics about our members, their profession or industry, to calculate ad impressions served or clicked on, or to publish visitor demographics for a Service
Security and Investigation
- How we share information
- Our Services.
- Profile. Your profile is fully visible to all Advisors you seek consultation with and Advisor profiles are visible to all customers of our Services.
- We let senders know when you act on their message
- We may let Advisors know when you view their profile
- Enterprise Accounts. Your employer may offer you access to our Services . Your employer can view, review and manage your use of such enterprise Services.
We use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
- Our Services.
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of MoveMyCheese.com, our Members, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- Your Choices and Obligations
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. Even if you only use our Services once every few years, we will retain your information and keep your profile open until you decide to close your account. In some cases we choose to retain certain information in a depersonalized or aggregated form
Rights to access and control your Data
Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Data Retention
- Account Closure
If you choose to close your MoveMyCheese.com account, your personal data will generally stop being visible on our Services within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below. We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed. Information you have shared with others (e.g., your Advisor) will remain with them after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
- How we share information
Other Important information
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards
Cross Border Data Transfers
We process data both inside and outside of India and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Lawful bases for processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the MoveMyCheese.com Services you have requested)) and “legitimate interests”. Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please write to us at email@example.com